Want To Know More About Transferring Your UK Pension to New Zealand?
Talk to the pension migration experts – we’ll be happy to help.
Simply complete the form and we will be in touch to discuss your UK Pension options, and answer any questions.
How Does It Work?
Complete the contact form above and we will be in contact very shortly to discuss your UK Pension options.
It costs nothing to talk to us, and we can answer any questions you might have. There is no obligation to go ahead with a pension transfer unless it is right for you.
Once we have had a chat and you wish to go ahead with a free assessment, with your authority we request your latest scheme details and forms from the UK .
When we have these documents from the UK we will talk with you again about options, along with the QROPS investments available here in NZ to receive your UK funds, should you decide to go ahead with a transfer.
Once you decide to proceed with a transfer we set up your New Zealand QROPS Superannuation Scheme, and send the completed documentation to your UK Pension Scheme – your pension funds are paid directly into your NZ Scheme by your UK Scheme and remain in your name and control at all times.
UK Personal Pensions, Stakeholder, Final Salary and Defined Benefit Pensions can all be transferred to NZ, however UK Government funded pensions such as NHS, Teachers, Armed Forces and Civil Service currently cannot be transferred.
If in doubt, complete the Free Assessment, and we can investigate further for you.
What Are The Benefits?
- You may be able to access a large part of your pension now, once you have reached the minimum UK retirement age or 55, tax free, subject to UK tax regulations.
- New Zealand’s retirement options are very flexible. In New Zealand you don’t have to buy an annuity at retirement, and you can usually draw down your retirement income in any way you wish, subject to UK QROPS rules
- Your Pension assets become yours to own and control now. You get to decide how your funds are invested and whether you wish to continue adding savings to it or not, and in the event of your death your pension will go to your estate. There can also be estate taxation benefits for some types of UK pensions such as SIPPS *
- You can consolidate all your pensions into one – this makes it a lot easier to keep track of your retirement savings, and it makes it a lot easier to control and manage your funds when they are with one New Zealand pension provider.
- You no longer need to worry about your UK Pension Provider – who is it with, is it safe, funded adequately, investing your funds wisely, or merging with another provider? Your NZ Fund Provider is readily accessible by telephone and internet, and you also have a local New Zealand adviser as a point of contact.
- UK Pensions are usually transferred with no UK tax deductions, provided they are transferred to a NZ Qualified Registered Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS) and you reside in NZ. New Zealand Personal Superannuation Pensions are paid out tax-free. However, you may have tax to pay in New Zealand on growth of your overseas pension, once you are outside the NZ 4 year transitional residency tax exclusion period, therefore there can be NZ tax advantages by transferring within 4 years of migrating*.
- Exchange rate issues won’t be a problem – your pension will already be in NZ dollars for you to enjoy in retirement. No need to worry about transaction charges and exchange rate fluctuations when your pension is payable.